When the weather gets warmer cooling, raw salads are great and usually what I crave! All those raw greens make us cool down and helps the body detox. But then there’s the question of what to put on that salad. Sure, you can ask for the dressing on the side and all that - but that’s not really the main issue… It’s what’s IN the dressing.
Studies have shown that vinegar, or actually the acetic acid in vinegar, suppresses the body’s fat accumulation - and for most of us - that’s a great thing! But, unfortunetly, not all vinegars are created equal! The white vinegars you get at the supermarket are very refined and also acid forming in the body.
Instead, turn to raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar!
- This is actually a living, fermented food - a prebiotic - that feeds the probiotics helping reestablish your intestinal flora.
- It boosts the metabolism and cleanses the liver.
- It helps stimulate your stomach acids, and therefore helps with acid reflux and in digestion of proteins and fat.
- It also stabilizes the PH in your blood - this is great since we know disease such as cancer thrives in acidic conditions.
- It helps fight germs, bacteria and infections in the body and aids the body in fighting candida overgrowth.
- And… amazingly, it stops sugar cravings! Try drinking a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in water (and feel free to squeeze lemon and stevia in there too!) next time you’re going for the cookie jar and see if it stops the urge.
So, incorporate Apple Cider Vinegar into your everyday life:
- Drink it diluted in water to curb sugar cravings
Use it instead of other vinegars in your salad dressings.
My favorite recipe is just a mix of flax seed oil, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh herbs (what ever I have around) sea salt and fresh pepper!
Also, use it externally. It disinfects skin wounds and is an awesome hair conditioner! It is great for your scalp, especially if you have dandruff…