Play at the beach!
It is summer which hopefully means you have a little more time to focus on you! I encourage you to try a few new self-care exercises this summer. Maybe you’ll even like some of them and end up incorporating them into your daily life. You never know until you’ve tried, right?
- Dry brushing - get rid of dry skin and get the blood circulation going
- Give yourself a manicure & pedicure (this one is NOT intended for girls only)
- Foot Massage - either by yourself or a friend
- Face mask time - steam, put on a mask, cover your eyes, and relax
- Take a long hot bath
- Take an ice-cold shower - very tempting right now!
- Go for a long walk without your phone
- Play! Play with your pet, your lover or your kids. Deep belly laughs are therapeutic!
- Practice five minutes of deep breathing through your nose
- Making Lists - write it all down and get it out of your head
- Exercise - try something new! Zumba? Spinning? Yoga? Weights?
- Or maybe you need to try skipping exercise!
- Meditation - try downloading an app and use that for 15 minutes a day
- Scrap-booking - create a collage of all the things you imagine for yourself
- Practice Gratefulness - write down five things every night that you’re grateful for, from chocolate to your mom! ( I stole this one from Oprah!)
- Yoga - a few sun salutations on the living-room floor can do you so much good and get the day started just right